Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Journey of Being Martha Begins


Hello everyone. As this is my first post, I want to tell you a little bit more about my journey. A month ago I left my job as a fundraiser, as it was time to move on to my next adventure. My original hope was to be a housewife, and while it doesn’t look like the housewife path will exist for much longer, my housewife passions still exist.  So below is a sneak peak of what you will see if you continue to read my blog.

Baking. I’ve started baking a lot. I’ve made some delicious breads, cakes and cupcakes. I’m not so good on the cookies yet, but I’m working on it. I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes as well as successes (and failures) on the baking front.

Sewing. I’ve already taken my first sewing class. My machine is about thirty years old and seems to be very fickle, but I am learning its moodiness and am ready to dive into many new projects.

Gardening. I’m a big subscriber to the square foot gardening techniques and this year we went into it full swing with three 16 ft2 beds and a few potted herb gardens. I am not a great gardener, but do look forward to tending, harvesting and eating food grown at our own home.

Cooking. I do love cooking and trying  new recipes. I go back and forth on the various ways we should eat. From vegan meals to homemade take-out to full-course decadence, I love a variety of options in the food I cook. 

Home Upgrades. This one may be the furthest stretch for me. It will go from small projects, such as creating art and updating furniture to large projects such as making over the basement and repainting the exterior of our house.

Further Greening our Home.  From using cloth napkins exclusively to having a worm composter in our home, we’ve went deeper and deeper into our green lifestyle and were long before the movement got big. I imagine this will happen more and more as time progresses. 

So these are the variety of things you will see if you continue to visit Being Martha. And I sure hope you do. 

1 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you've got a lot of good projects going. I'll look forward to reading more.

Post a Comment