Monday, June 21, 2010

Crab Cake Night

My wife and dearest friend both love crab cakes and tonight was one of the nights I made them. I was really intimidated the first time I made them, but they were so much easier than I thought. And they're super delish. Here is the recipe I use:

1 lb crab meat (lump)
1 egg
2 green onion (finely chopped)
1/2 red pepper (finely chopped)
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp old bay seasoning
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs parsley
salt & pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp each)
1/2 tsp Frank's Hot Sauce (any work, that's our fav)
olive oil for frying

When I made the recipe today, I made a double batch, so in the pictures you'll see double of everything. So basically, I mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl and all of the other ingredients in a big bowl. There is no particular reason I do this, but I usually do. Sometimes I just put them all in the big bowl together.

I mix it all up with my hands and then form patties. As I'm forming the patties, I'm heating up olive oil in a pan. I fry each patty for about 5-7 minutes on each side until there is a nice golden brown crust on each side. I usually put mine in the oven at 350-400 for five minutes or so to be sure it's heated all the way through, although that isn't really necessary.



We had steamed asparagus and green beans with the crab cakes. Sometimes we'll do salad. It's a really good, relatively easy meal. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment